fot

Re: NHIS Race report and...

To: jaboruch@adelphia.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NHIS Race report and...
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 23:58:51 EDT
jaboruch@adelphia.net writes:

<< I got the dist out tonight and found that the gear that drives the
 dist (and oil pump) off of the cam had stripped.  Only a few teeth are
 left on it and they are worn thin.

 Have any of you had anything like this happen? >>

I lost oil pressure years ago because the pin in the gear came out, which
allowed the shaft to jump up out of the oil pump.  I have never had any
distributor shafts or gears fail by using those which came out of an existing
engine.

I have heard that people who installed new after market gears and shafts had
them fail.  Same with the lifters.  Stay with the old original British parts
when possible.