fot

lean cylinders.

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: lean cylinders.
From: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:21:06 -0700
Above 4K rpm, I don't think the opening and closing events
will have much effect on mixture.  I think that puddling and
dropout will be more influential.  Subtle and not so subtle
details of the porting and flow work done on the head and
intake will determine those two issues.  Also, exhaust
flow can have an influence as any residual exhaust in the
new charge will effect a/f ratio.  If you want to make a guess
before installing the probes, try using one of the 1000 degree
infrared temp sensors on the ex headers to find the hot (and
most likely lean) cylinders.  I believe that all the abvove is
true, but I believe alot of crap.  Good luck.
I hope to see some of you at Road America Saturday.

art de armond