fot

Oils

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oils
From: "Richard Hardison" <blueshadow@starband.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:07:23 -0400
When we built the Triumph TR3 just sold to Randy Williams, we used normal
petroleum based oil (10-50) for the first two weekends.  We then switched to
Mobil 1 (10-50).  Not a particularly scientific choice!

I have used Castrol Syntec full synthetic (5-50) in my FB Lotus twin cam
engine since buying it in 1999.  Had used the same oil for several years
previously in my FF.  The one time we put Mobil 1 in the twin cam, there was a
lot of leaking at the rear seal.  Never tried that again.

Richard