fot

Re: CMS Rollout Superb!!

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: CMS Rollout Superb!!
From: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:00:41 -0500
Hey all,

I got mine too!  What a great mag!  I really enjoyed seeing articles
about some of the other types of cars that we run with (I particularly
enjoyed the Volvo) and the adverts for cars other than British help us
too (we have a German Amphicar, a German Isetta, and a "Freedom" Simca 5
as well as about 15 Triumphs) that some of the advertising companies may
be helpful with parts for.

(I would like to make a pitch to see an article about the drop-dead
gorgeous and highly-coveted by me BMW 507, if they had/have any
motorsport involvement.)

It is also a blast to know and/or be familiar with some of the major
contributors, and to feel a sense of connection there.  I can read
Burt's articles in a whole different light after having met and raced
against him (okay, *behind* him) at TWS, for one.

I really appreciate the honor of being the first Racing Reader -- I know
there are lots of folks out there who deserved that spot more than I,
but it was very cool to open to that page and see my story there.  Thank
you!!  One small issue, though -- in my email to CMS I specifically
wanted to make sure the pic of me in action at Mid-Ohio was credited to
Scott Paceley, and that credit must have been overlooked (I do know how
it is to try to get a publication of this magnitude together!).  Please
be aware that Scott did take that picture (and gave me some great racing
advice along with it --  ha ha, Scott) and it is probably the best
racing pic I have ever had so far.  Scott -- I do want to talk to you
about an enlargement of it eventually...)

The Web site pic of Mordy duking it out is great!  Although it looks as
if he may have lost his footing in some slippery substance, oozing
perhaps from beneath the car, and that may explain why the MG fellow is
bearing down on him when the feisty Mordy would surely have had him in a
headlock and been gnawing on his ear by then...

Great work, Tim and Gary!!!  Thank you for providing a classy magazine
with great range of information!  (And hopefully we can see something on
Race Dad and major Triumph/FOT event organizer Joe (A) in there sometime
soon!)

Keep Triumphing,
Susan     :)

PS -- Bring your sunglasses to Mosport if you will be near my #42 Spit
Tristan!   :)