fot

Lifter Survey

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Lifter Survey
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:01:36 EDT
This post started on the 6-pack list but I have included additional list
thinking more info the better, so 6-packers ignore some of the duplication but
read the additional questions.  Since the trashed lifter problem has come up
once
again on the list I thought it might be a good idea to gather some data from
all us British car people to see if we can find a cause or solution to this
expensive problem. The info has started to roll in and as it has I have thought
of some addition info that might have an effect. So, If you or anybody you
know has ever replaced a cam and or lifters and are willing to share some info
please reply to mjsuukey@cs.com with the following.
1) Did the cam and or lifters hold up? 2) How many miles do you have on them?
3) Have you actually verified that they held up? (checked lift or tear down
and inspect) 4) Cam supplier? 5) Lifter supplier? 6) New or reground cam? 7)
New or refaced lifters? 8) Stock or uprated cam profile? 9) Single or double
valve springs? 10) Stock or uprated spring pressure? 11) What type/brand of oil
do you use? 12) Do you run an auxiliary oil feed line to the head? 13) If the
lifters that you took out were the original ones were they good or bad? 14) how
many miles did they have on them? Feel free to forward this as the more
reply's the better.  I will put this info together and see if there is a
specific
combination that seem to work best.  If there is any other info that you feel
would apply by all means include it with your reply.

Thanks,
Marty Sukey