fot

Re: TR3 from Hell / Peyote in the wall ... me too, kinda

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 from Hell / Peyote in the wall ... me too, kinda
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 01:33:12 -0600 (MDT)
Gee, I actually have a good story to relate.  Well, maybe not good, but it
could have been much worse.  Over Memorial Day weekend I blew off the roof
repairs I should have been doing, since I wanted to wait until the record
heat of 99 degree days last week to get up there to rip off the shingles
and stuff.

Anyway, about 35 miles out of town driving along some nice twisty canyon with
the British Motor Club, heading for a weekend in Jackson, Wyoming, an MGA
loses the knockoff on the left front wire wheel.  The wheel stays on, the car
is brought to a safe stop in an almost safe spot.  As suspected, the owner
put the adapters on the wrong side, so the brakes loosened instead of
tightened them.  The knockoff most likely has gone over the edge, through the
brush, possible down to the creek.  Having a box of various knockoffs back in
one of the storage spots, I go fetch them while others search.  We get back
to the scene, the wheel did fall off while they were pushing the car off to a
safer spot, but we managed to get things to the point where they could limp
back to town.  There were a lot of places in that canyon where the wheel
could have come off, resulting in fatal consequences.  Whew!

mjb.