fot

Re: Alternator wiring

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator wiring
From: "Matthew Wilder" <mwilder@webryders.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:51:17 -0400
I did manage to fry one mini alternator by having a 50 amp charger on the
battery and the car running at the same time, so now I disconnect the
battery whenever it's on the charger.  I've found with Auto-x that the
alternator doesn't really get a chance to charge the battery so it still
runs down after a while.  Makes a great tensioner pulley though  :-)

Matthew Wilder
'67 TR4a Ep auto-xer
http://home.webryders.com/teamwild/