fot

RE: Minor tale of woe....

To: "'Michael D. Porter'" <mporter@zianet.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Minor tale of woe....
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:27:02 -0700
I suspect you already know that you'll probably do better with flat top
pistons to begin with, eh? (Reading too many posts about Canada lately)

Too bad about the lousy work. It's very hard to find good machine shops,
and when you do, the guys running the place tend to be two years from
retirement (or worse). I don't know much about GT6 heads (okay, make that
nothing) but I'd be worried about blowing head gaskets. When you take a
TR3/4 that far you get really skinny near the water passages and the head
can dish. Most folks either pin them or weld up the chambers and remachine
them rather than milling that far. It's probably too late to pin--you'd
have to skim off even more after you screw in the pins.

Just another ray of sunshine.