fot

Re: TR 6 Gasket SPAM?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR 6 Gasket SPAM?
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 07:30:53 -0700
Dear Mr. Wagner,
    I would like to express my feelings to you about this subject.  I too,
am a businessman that has to always live on these promises made by others
and I sympathize with you on your endeavors.  I run a plumbing business as
well as a British car parts business and I know exactly the feelings you're
having about this.  It's kind of the 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'
syndrome.  In addition to the 2 business's I run, I also find time to race a
69 TR6 and do the wrenching on it myself.
As far as the right and wrong of the way you are promoting your steps and
production of the gasket, I don't see much difference in that and the
promoting of other parts suppliers on this list.  I've been told to contact
persons to supply parts for my car, told the part is on the way,and then to
find out the person who was manufacturing this part was to busy to make a
run of them.  If only I'd known sooner, I'd looked elsewhere.  I appreciate
the in depth track of the process and the trials and tribulations you're
going through.
AND YOU BET, I was a little saddened to hear the racing gasket wouldn't be
ready until later in August, but oh well, I can wait.  So to summarize this
note to you, please keep me posted on the progress of the gasket, as I want
several for myself and maybe I can help promote them with my parts business,
at whatever means you feel necessary, even if it's determined that this
isn't appropriate for this list.
I also want to point out that I never once mentioned the name of my parts
business, British Sports & Spares, in this email.
Thanks and keep up the good work and keep me posted as to the progress.
  Charly Mitchel