fot

R&T issue 1 no 1

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: R&T issue 1 no 1
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:57:18 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/03 7:14:15 AM, owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

<< but it is signed in ink on
> the
> Table of Contents page "from John &Eleanor Bond March 14, 1967"
> Does anyone have any clue about this piece of ephemera, or know who might
> know about it?

Hmmm...does it really say "Eleanor" or could it be "Elaine"? If it's really
autographed by John and ELAINE Bond (original publishers), it probably is
worth
a little something.

At that time, R&T would've been about 19 years old, an unusual anniversary to
commemorate with a first issue reprint! :-)

- --Andy Mace >>

We seem to be referring to different Road & Tracks.  The signature in my
issue is definitely "Eleanor."  Issue 1 No. 1 of my Road & Track is dated "June
1947" so I calculate the March 1967 date as being about the right time to have
inaugurated a "Twentieth Anniversary" celebration.

Cheers
Gary