fot

Re: Race Report--Portland Historics/Now wheels

To: N197TR4@cs.com, BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race Report--Portland Historics/Now wheels
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:39:02 EDT
In a message dated 07/14/2003 12:07:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

> A few years ago, Bob Yarwood made some wheels available. I think they were
> based on the old EMPI style wheel made for Volkswagen, but drilled to TR
> specs.
>
> Do you know if he still sells these?
>
> Someone was asking about these wheels when I was at Mosport.

Joe:

Remember...I gave you one of those wheels.  I had noticed similar on a local
vintage Volkswagen Beetle.  I bought it from the J. P. Whitney, advertised for
Volkwagen Beetles...just to look at.  I found the name of the manufacturer on
the box it came in.  A California outfit.  I contacted them, and they said
they could provide the wheel in most any four bolt pattern.  It certainly would
fit TR stuff.  It's a good sturdy wheel, but not particularly light  I thought
I gave you the literature with the wheel.  Seem's like it was Continental
Wheel...or something like that.

Bill

Bill Dentinger