fot

Windage tray size

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>, 6pack digest <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windage tray size
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:36:55 -0700
I am adding a windage tray to my TR6 oil pan.  I had one made up to the
size in the comp prep manual, but it seems to small.  I made a template
to cover the pan at a 3" depth with the 4X5 cutout indicated in the
manual.  My question is:
Should the tray extend from side to side and front to back [it is a
little below wee the pan deepens], or should I allow a little room at
front and back to allow more rapid oil return to the well area?  I
expect to weld the sides to stop oil from flowing up and around the
baffle on cornering.

Thanks for the advice,

Chuck

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
chuck.arnold.vcf]