fot

Re: Spitfire oil filter adapter, anyone?

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, "Jim Gambony"
Subject: Re: Spitfire oil filter adapter, anyone?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:53:30 -0500
Kelvin--

No slight intended! But I don't happen to have a Moss book in my stack of
catalogues.

Over the years I've found most ordinary items from Roadster Factory and
Vicky Brit, and some extraordinary things from Ted Schumacher. And lately
John Kipping has been a source for the otherwise unobtainable.

Certainly I am aware of Moss and have been for years -- just that I haven't
happened to go that direction and so have no personal experience to relate.

But y'know, I would not mind having a Moss catalogue -- one  Spitfire
specific (Mk. I) if such exists. Especially if your shipping practices are
more customer-friendly than Vicky Brit. (It pisses me off to have $9.75
added to ship a $38 item [like a couple of brake cylinder rebuild kits]
that could be -- and sometimes are! -- mailed for 60-83 cents. And beware
ordering 2nd Day Air that they don't use 2nd Day Air Saver, which gets it to
you at 5 pm instead of 10 am and cost me a race one weekend).

--Rocky