fot

Re: Sad News

To: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sad News
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:41:54 +1200
Sad to hear of Ray Henderson dying, Coventry can be a small
place............many years ago I met Ray and talked to him about the Africa
proving run for Heralds in 1957, some years later it turned out that the
salesman who sold me cardboard boxes was married to Ray's daughter and we
borrowed the original log for the Africa run, copied it and then a year or
two ago I retyped it and hopefully it should be in the archives of
triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com , it has a lot more technical info than the
"Turn Left for Tangiers" book about the trip.
John Kipping