fot

Re: Roundtail Spit spoiler?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roundtail Spit spoiler?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 02:08:46 -0600 (MDT)
On occasion, I've gotten a few questions about the 'roundtail' versus the
'squaretail' designations tossed about on various email lists.

Roundtail: Spit Mark 1,2,3 and GT6 Mark 1,2 with the, well, uh, sort of rounded
           rear end treatments.

Squaretail:  Spit Mark 4, 1500 and GT6 Mark 3 with the squared off rear end
             treatment.

I can't say for sure, but the origin of the round/square distinction may
be something that originated on one of the team.net lists years ago.
If I ever get *all* the old mail off tape, on line and indexed ...

mjb.