fot

Re: GT6 Bumper Trivia

To: Group44TR7@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Bumper Trivia
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:38:58 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/2003 6:26:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Group44TR7@aol.com writes:

> Sitting in the garage here are a 1972 GT6 and 1973 GT6. The 1972 GT6
> has a diffferent rear bumper than the 1973. The 1972 bumper is only slightly
>
> physically larger than the 1973, the Triumph badge is clearly larger than
> the
> 1973, and it as has that optional /aftermarket extra bar hoop on it....Was
> there a difference between
> the 1972 and 1973 rear bumpers in size and badging?

I'm pretty sure the bumper itself was about the same size. The difference in
badging is due to the fact that a 1972 had the combination "badge" and
bumper-mounted license plate lamp, while the 1973 usually had license plate
lights
mounted on the valence on either side of the plate. The badge and "plinth" for
same on the bumper on the '73 was, therefore, a bit smaller.

--Andy Mace