fot

Re: spit crankshafts

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spit crankshafts
From: "Jeffery Senty" <gp89@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:28:36 -0500
The crankshaft from a 1300 (early small journal) can be used in an 1147 with
no problems as long as you use the oil seal housing from a 1300. The 1147
did not have a rear main seal,it relied on a groove in the crankshaft to
herd the oil back into the block.If care was used lining up the rear housing
it worked great.I have an early crank with a speedy sleeve on it and a later
seal housing.
Hope this helps.
Jeff Senty
gp89blue