fot

Re: OD gasket sealant

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD gasket sealant
From: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:01:51 +1000
Brad,
I have rebuilt a number of J types used in racing and have not had any leak
to date. I use a Permatex/Loctite product on the gaskets and all mating
faces. Here in AUS it is marketed as Loctite Blue MAXX (item No. 34250)
www.loctite.com

Make sure that you have the copper washers fitted to the top 2 studs that
hold the main case and the rear case together. Just as a precaution, around
the copper washers, I use a Permatex gasket sealer that comes in a 'tooth
paste' type tube.

Cheers...
Peter Vucinic
WORKS-4