fot

TR Brake improvement

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR Brake improvement
From: "A.J.Wood" <wood@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:53:27 +0100
We produced a kit 18 months ago to perform the same function. It's possible to
use 12" rotors now, where before the rotors were actually machining away the
calipers under deflection...
Also means you can use smaller master cylinders, cause there's less or no need
to pump up a soggy pedal quickly with the left foot. I lost count of the
number of times I've arrived at a corner with nothing but rear brakes, so even
after fitting the anti-knock kit, I just can't stop that left foot tapping the
pedal. Confuses the opposition, though, braking in the middle of a straight..
  By the way, keep a close eye on the condition of the shims - the thin ones
required for fine tuning do disintegrate often and require replacement. The
very best way to set up the spacers is to use a stock spacer, shim each hub to
suit, then make a pair of spacers to exact size to eliminate shims
altogether.
 I've none in stock, by the way - sorry!
  Jon                 Classic Racecraft