fot

Re: Fix for TR brakes

To: "Tony Drews" <tony@tonydrews.com>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fix for TR brakes
From: "MARK J WEATHERS" <markjwea@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 05:34:46 -0700
Tony, I agree that the bending moment is reduced and the tension is
increased. The stock shaft has a flat for the D washer and probably standard
profile threads. I am guessing this might be the failure point. The uprated
axle we are working on would have higher strength and a J form thread for
fatigue life enhancemant. I would prefer to eliminate the flat also. Looking
for input from any and all, we don't want any catastrophic failures! Kas?

Mark
72 TR6