fot

RE: brake conversions

To: "Christopher A. Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: brake conversions
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:31:26 -0700
Chris,

The Toyota conversion that uses the (stock) non-vented rotor uses calipers
from the 1979-83 Toyota 4WD Pickup.  The Cardone numbers are 19-820 and
19-821.  As you point out, it will probably bolt onto a GT6 (for sure on a
GT6 Mk3 since it uses the TR6 caliper) but I don't know if a 13" wheel will
fit.

The vented Toyota conversion uses a 1986-1988 Toyota Cressida Sedan front
rotor (Raybestos # 96042) with the inner hole bored out to the dimension of
the stock TR6 rotor and calipers from a 1988-mid 1989 4 cylinder Toyota
4Runner.  Cardone numbers for these calipers are 19-827 and 19-826.  As I do
not believe that the GT6 uses the same rotor as the TR6, the Cressida rotor
would not be a fit for the GT6 (you would need to use a different rotor).
As above, don't know if the caliper would fit the GT6 13" wheel.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6