fot

Re: Quaife Axles and Hubs for TR's

To: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>
Subject: Re: Quaife Axles and Hubs for TR's
From: "T.R. Scratchings" <wob@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:36:34 +0100
Hi Peter-
 Hope you enjoyed the cam gears.
1. Quaife rear hubs are essential. The old Corvair conversion leaves way too
short a splined section, leading to early UJ failure. You can't buy direct
from Quaife BTW; I can supply a pair with a bit of discount if you like.
They're pretty much maintenance free, and are also very easy to dismantle
when the time comes, unlike the ####**
originals. We use heavy duty drive shafts with these hubs, incorporating a
larger inner UJ, and Teflon coated splines, which also last forever. Cost is
#295 a pair.
2. Quaife only make a shaft for the TR-4. They're good. I have an
alternative source of shafts for Lockheed TR2-3
axles, Girling TR3-3A, and Girling TR-4, which are just as good , but much
keener priced. I'd suggest using billet steel rear hubs in conjunction with
these shafts, which are excellent.
 Jon Wood          Classic Racecraft