fot

Re: TR4 Rocker Shaft Wear

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Rocker Shaft Wear
From: patrickmannion1@netzero.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 01:25:10 GMT
Peter,

I work for Greg Solow at The Engine Room in Santa Cruz California.  He has
raced his Morgan for many years and he too was disappointed with premature
rockershaft wear and failure at the #4 rocker pedestal.  He has had chrome
moly 4140 rockershafts chromed and centerless ground.  Even with racing valve
spring pressures we have not experienced any failures and even after years of
racing see negligable wear.  These rockershafts work with stock rockerstands
or Greg also has billet alluminium rockerstands and ARP hardware to go with
that if so desired. It is best to call him between 10 am and 6:30 pm PST
Mon to Fri.

Hope this helps,

Pat Mannion