fot

The Greenman for sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: The Greenman for sale
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:33:17 +0000
Friends,

Over the course of the past year my life has gone through some changes.
Currently my wife is in hospital and very ill. There are too many demands on
my time and family exchequer that I find I can no longer justify owning the
Greenman, my 1962 TR4.

The "Greenman" is a "bitsa" car... a 1962 TR4 with a TR4a tub. It is painted
non standard Brooklands Green. The engine has been bored out .040 over
stock, is balanced, has a harmonic damper with electric fan cooling and has
a lightened flywheel. It has a "Babe Erson" Autox cam but is tractible
enough for daily driving. The lifters bores are sleeved and lightened Ford
tappets are installed. It had SU HS6 carbs adapted to AN fittings and steel
flex fuel lines. It has an electric fuel pump, Fram Competition fuel filter
and Rochester regularor which feeds each carb directly. The transmission It
a TR4 mated to a TR6 A type overdrive and there's a Detroit Locker in the
pumpkin with standard gear ratio. It has 15"x6" Panasport gold center alloys
and BFG Comp TA radials. The seats are TR6 with the folding head rests

There are a lot of extras that will go with the car including a custom roll
bar which is diagonally braced. a spare crank shaft, engine block and bits.
There's a TR6 transmission that is currently disassembled but all parts are
there for a rebuild. I will also include a number of tools that were bought
for the car.

This is incredibly hard for me to do. I have had such a wonderful time with
the car over the years. I've learned so much and met some really reamarkable
people. However, as I mentioned above, I have not had the time nor the
outlay to commit to the car and would see it go to a good home before it
deteriorates.

If you are interested please contact me here.

Thank you,

Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)

http://msnmessenger-download.com