fot

Fw: Tires

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Tires
From: "John Price" <jprice1@txcyber.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:01:38 -0600
Amici:

The following is an e-mail I received from my friend in England. Jim Baynum is
racing a TVR Tuscan which is the same as my car except his has a 3-liter ford
V-6. Yes, the Yokahama 032R is available overseas in a 205/60-15. Jim also
mentions a Dunlop Formula R with which I am not familiar. If anyone wants to
check it out, keep me posted.

John

John:
The Yoko brochure shows a 205x60x15, it's the size I use on the Tuscan
I'm sure that there are still some 008's still available in UK in 195x60x15 or
205x60x15. Is airfreight out of the question ?
My last race was at Brandfs 4 weeks ago. It poured with rain and my 032's
don't have that much tread left. I qualified on the 3rd row and actually lead
the race for the first lap until the really powerful Aston, E Type etc got
past. I finished 4th which was a great result considering the opposition.

For true Historic races in UK you have to use a specific Dunlop tyre, these
have a very old fashioned tread pattern and are probably like the Vintage TD's
you mention. They are around 3 seconds a lap slower than a Yoko.

As an alternative to Yoko O32, a lot of pople use the excellent Dunlop Formula
R. A lot of good drivers prefer these to Yoko's. I don't have an e.mail
address for Dunlop Motorsport but their phone number is 0044 121 3063347

Regards,
Jim