fot

TR 4A IRS Brake Back Plates COMPLETE $28.00

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 4A IRS Brake Back Plates COMPLETE $28.00
From: J M Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:45:24 -0800
I have a pair of TR 4A IRS brake back plates, with the old brake shoes
still in place... you get the back plate, the brake adjusters (still
installed), the wheel cylinders are still in place, so you also get the
hand brake lever assembly that is attached to the wheel cylinders, and
all the hardware that holds the shoes in place, etc. etc.

Whether the wheel cylinders are worth rebuilding, I don't know.  Of
course, you would install new brake shoes, but I left them on there to
hold everything together.   (You get what comes with the back plates
when you remove them from the axle, but not including the brake drums,
brake hoses, hand brake cables, and the nuts that held the back plates
to the trailing arm.)

I think $28.00 for the pair is a deal.....  that's only  $14.00 each,
plus shipping.

They are off a california car... so there is no significant rust
damage....  These would clean up... and if repainted... they would look
new...

I'll offer this to FOT first, then the Triumph list at large,  in 24
hours, if no response.

--Justin Wagner