fot

pvgp 2004

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: pvgp 2004
From: "Stutzman" <stutzman@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:28:16 -0500
I talked to mike connolly today.  he is an old friend and the pres. of the
PVGP.
Yes there will be a class for small bore prod cars up to 1964.  max disp. is
2200 cc so TR4s are eligible'
They will take 60-65 cars total.
The person to talk to if you have questions is Ralph Steinberg who is the
VSCCA registrar for the event.  His phone is 610-364-3800.  His site is
www.cloverleaf/auto.com
I told Mike that SVRA cars are more highly prepared than Vscca cars.  He
doesn't think that will be a problem.  They don't want SCCA cars, no flares,
no coilovers,etc.
This is a one event deal; VSCCA has never accepted a Triumph into the club.
I was at The Turkey Bowl 2 weeks ago at Summit Point pitting for a friend with
a Turner.  This is VSCCA's final event of the year.
A Morgan driver told me he thought they shun TRs because so meny of them have
MGs.  I've heard when they decided to take MGAs they set a limit of 50.
Len Picton, my Turner owner friend just restoted a 1957 Turner 803 as a
racecar with Vscca specifically in mind.  He is a member of VSCCA and Turners
are acceptrd cars; however, they let him run the event but still haven't
accepted his car because of things like no upholstery, modern guages, roll
cage not just a roll bar even tho it is hidden in the body work.

Do keep in mind that Pittsburgh is not a forgiving track.  The 100 year old
stone walls will get you.  If you come drive at 7 or 8 10ths, smell the roses
an d enjoy the scenery.

WPTA runs the British Car Day show on the golf course on Saturday.  We'll do a
special race car class for you if you have an hour or so to spare.
BRUCE STUTZMAN