fot

Re: 2" Carburetor

To: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2" Carburetor
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 17:03:39 -0500
Hi Richard,
       I'm (obviously) not Jack, but I can tell you of our experience trying
to get 2" SU's to work on Chip Bond's E-Prod TR-4.  He spent a lot of
dyno time with those carbs, and the engine was making more and more
horsepower on the dyno and going slower and slower on track.  My take
on it is that the engine was making more power at the top end, but was
giving up so much driveability that his lap times were suffering badly.
We ended up going back to 1 3/4" SU's and he went faster again.

I hope that helps,

R. John Lye

rjl6n@cstone.net