fot

2" SUs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: 2" SUs
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:40:02 EST
FOT:  We have used the 2" carbs for a number of seasons on our TR3.  The
first time we
ran them on the track was at Atlanta, and I had to pull the choke to get
quickly through
T7, but we sorted that out.  (remember that the EP MGBs have run the 2" SUs
for many years)
Even with the BHP and RPMs that we use, there was not much power beyond the
1.75" carbs; but our fuel consumption was notably better, so we could start
races with less fuel weight.
We did lighten the 2" carbs to reduce the strain on the manifold.

Not as difficult as getting (a) lightning out of a big ice cube.

  Hardy