fot

Re: Cylinder Head Flow

To: cartravel@pobox.com, vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: Cylinder Head Flow
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:25:27 -0500
Larry:

I don't have a slide rule, but I do have a trusty HP scientific calculator.
The Reverse Polish notation is natural once you get used to it, which
doesn't take long.

The Reverse Polish notation has one big advantage: It's a perfect excuse for
not lending the old HP to a student who forgot his calculator!

John Herrera

>From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
>To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
>CC: kas kastner <kaskas@cox.net>, John Herrera  <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>,
>  fot@autox.team.net, try0548@rit.edu
>Subject: Re: Cylinder Head Flow
>Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:49:43 -0600
>
>I had to bring my slide rule out of mothballs a while back, because my HP
>calculator died and I can hardly use a calculator that isn't Reverse
>Polish.  I guess that makes me multiply obsolete.  I must not be the only
>one though, because those HP calculators bring a good price on Ebay.
>Larry
>
>Jack W. Drews wrote:
>
>>>   This is so much fun I may have to unlimber my turbocharged solar
>>>powered slide rule.
>>

>>My youngest daughter has a Ph.D. in Math and is an associate professor of
>>same. Not too long ago she was home for a few days and i showed her my old
>>Post Versalog. She had never seen a slide rule! What's the world coming
>>to?
>>

>>uncle jack

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals?  Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com