fot

Re: Interesting Arabic & European News Coverage (Non Triumph)

To: <Group44TR7@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting Arabic & European News Coverage (Non Triumph)
From: "michael cook" <mlcooknj@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:03:22 -0500
Whatever I may think of the war in Iraq and how it is being conducted, I am
certain that the most truthful accounts of events can be read in North
American newspapers.

The daily press in Europe and elsewhere are a lot closer to the National
Enquirer than to the Washington Post. If they want to sensationalize Saddam's
capture they will do it. Naturally they claim that the US doctored photos of
Saddam - the media in Europe do it all the time.

Having said that, while I am sure that the US news media are reporting
faithfully what they learn of events in Iraq. We can trust them to report what
they know. I have no confidence whatever in our administration, the pentagon
or the state department giving them the full story.

Mike Cook