fot

Re: TR3 Leaf Spring Front Attachment Pin

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Leaf Spring Front Attachment Pin
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:12:32 -0500
John - I good friend, Max Jaffe (original owner - 1960 TR3A) in Pacific
Palisades, Calif. once told me how he did it with eye-bolts into the threads
in the inside ends of the seized bolts.  Then with lots of penetrant and a
huge turn-buckle, he tighened it and they came out - after trying for a
week.  They came out towards the center of the TR.  I couldn't get mine out
in 1987 when I did my body-off restoration but that was no problem as the
body was off.  I left them in and re-used the originals with 80,350 miles on
them from new.

In 2000, while I was driving home from VTR in Portland, Oregon having done
over 7200 miles, I was 7 miles from home when my RHS rear spring broke.  I
limped the last 7 miles home.  I loosened the 12 body to frame bolts and
removed the 2 at the rear plus those holding the rear over-rider bumperettes
and lifted the rear end of the body about 6" with my rolling jack.  That
gave me enought lift to slide off the old springs and slide on my new ones.

Don Elliott, Original Owner, 1958 TR3A, Montreal, Canada
Neil  Revington in England sells stainless steel bolts as replacements.
http://www.revingtontr.com/

PIN RR SPRING FF SUPPORT TR2-4

   TR2-4 front eyebolt, stainless steel. When you eventually get the old
ones out, don't chance them being seized again, replace them with this
stainless item.   Product Code: 106231SS   Price Ex VAT: #15.95      Price
Inc VAT: #18.74