fot

RE: Comments about journalism

To: "'Rocky Entriken '" <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: RE: Comments about journalism
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:03:39 -0800
 That's him. Wild character. They made the movie "the Ghost and the
Darkness" from Man Eaters of Tsavo (which Capstick edited), and amazingly
enough, the movie was less weird and sensational than the actual story.
Those two lions ate a 140 railway workiers in nine months. They have them
both in the Field Museum in Chicago. Two very ordinary looking, rather
scraggly maneless male lions. I bet they looked a lot different when they
entered your tent in the middle of the night. One of them was a little over
nine feet from nose to tail.