fot

Cold Places

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Cold Places
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:16:52 EST
In a message dated 12/29/03 2:28:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:24:46 -0800
> From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
> Subject: RE: Cold Places
>
> I think someone is trying to tell me something. The driver called to tell
> us that they couldn't take us to our house--too icy up on Germantown road.
> My sister-in-law had to climb up our hill to check on the house--the power
> is out and apparently the battery on the emergency generator is dead so the
> gate wouldn't open. She said there's about a foot of snow at the house.
It's
> 80 degrees and sunny here in maui and we're leaving in about an hour.
>
> I must be crazy. Well, we already knew that, but I must also be really
> stupid.

Hey Bill, Happy New Year!

We did a roaring trade in Snow Chains, Cables and Flares here in Medford
today, the I-5 across the Siskous has been closed for 48 hours, and another 5
feet
of snow is forecast...with colder winds and freezing fog. Suggest that you
stay in the Pacific for a while longer!

Don't know what coditions are like farther north?

Regards

Lion