fot

Re: Memories

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Memories
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:17:11 -0500 (EST)
Here's a few:

Walking through the woods at RA and emerging at station 4A just as a group
of production cars came down to the breaking point for 5. The sound, the
smell, the lifting fog and the green hue were unforgettable. RA VSCDA
Sept.1996

Sitting at the keyhole at Mid-Ohio during any of the umpteen practice
sessions of the 1997 SCCA Runoffs and hearing Sam Halkias and the other
two TR6's (one was Jack Madison) tear off down the back straight. I get
goosebumps just thinking about it. In the vernacular - it was suh-weet.

Standing just behind the Climbing Turn at Lime Rock and seeing, hearing
and feeling the Bill Warner ex Group 44 TR6 climb, unload (briefly)
accerlate over to West Bend. WOW.

Not Triumph related, but an intense memory nonetheless, standing at the
entrance to turn three at Williams Grove, PA for a WoOL Sprint car event
facing the full field of the Feature. Twelve 700 HP beasts were coming
right toward me with only a small dirt berm, four telephone poles laced
with _chicken wire_ between us. My knees were knocking I was so
frightened. That is 'till the clod of dirt kicked up from one of
the cars smacked me.

RA Station 4A with Irv Corey at the '98 BRIC and flagging Can-Am cars.
AWESOME.

I guess they weren't one-liners. That's two strikes. Oh well.

Happy Gnu Year.
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |