fot

Re: Memories

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Memories
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:28:38 -0600
One more:

I have a memory of going to an SCCA race in Memphis, sometime late '60s I
think. Seems it was a park circuit with log guardrails. We worked timing out
of a "room" dug into the side of a hill. They had a big digital clock
outside the window everyone used; we'd grab a look at it as our car went by
and timed that way. Nearest whole second. Very primitive. Group 44 was there
and  Tullius had the TR6. I remember that TR6's wail about an octave or two
above everything else. We decided a blind man could have timed the TR6 since
its note was so distinctively different from everything else on the track.

Anyone else remember anything of that race? As far as I know, it was the
only time SCCA ever raced that track and I can find no reference to it
anywhere.

--Rocky Entriken