fot

RE: Lavender Hill Mob

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lavender Hill Mob
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:37:31 -0700
Appears that maybe one of them raced a Healey 100S. Found this link
referring to: "...Cdr. Fred L. Losee, U.S.N. was an original member of the
well known "Lavender Hill Mob". This was a group of Washington D.C. SCCA
Region members who brought organized (and sometimes disorganized - witness
SCCA's annual Halloween Holocausts) sports car racing to the Capitol area.
To name but a few members: 1.) Dick Thompson (another dentist) who raced at
Le Mans six times, won the 1000 kilometer race at Spa in 1966 with Jackie
Ickx and established the Corvette as a true race car. 2.) Charlie Wallace.
a well known Porsche and Jaguar driver. 3.) Bill Kincheloe, a championship
Healey 3000 driver. .."

http://www2.oakland.edu/concours/index.cfm?car=50

Includes a picture of a Healey with the number 24 painted on it and this
caption: "AHS 3802 with John & Evelyn Mull at Marlboro Raceway in Maryland
- 1956"

Also, check page of the current issue of the Washington DC Region newsletter

http://www.wdcr-scca.org/straightpipe/2003december.pdf