fot

Car Transport

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Transport
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:50:40 EST
In a message dated 1/5/04 7:37:00 PM, owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> I know people have done this before. In order to facilitate selling my TR4
> I'm
> trying to help with transportation issues. What is the preferred way (cost
> and
> pain) to get a race car from Texas to San Francisco area?
>
> Bob Kramer
> rkramer3@austin.rr.com

The easiest, most risk-free, and most reliable method is to engage one of the
auto transport companies (e.g. Intercity www.intercitylines.com, Passport
www.passporttransport.com) to haul the car for you. Second alternative is to
engage one of the free-lancers who do this sort of thing on a regular basis or
are
just filling an empty trailer on one leg of a trip (Uncle Jack has been known
to haul race cars for hire on occasion, for example). The independents will
generally be less expensive, but quality and risk will be all over the place,
from very reliable to out-and-out scams. If you opt for an independent, make
sure that you have insurance on the car that covers transport, because the
independents' insurance is probably the least reliable aspect. One source of
independent haulers is www.movecars.com.
Cheers
Gary Anderson
Editor, Classic Motorsports