fot

RE: Fuel pressure

To: Simon Rasmussen <Simon@telephonestogo.ca>,
Subject: RE: Fuel pressure
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:01:30 -0800
What kind of carb are you using? Webers seem to like 3 pounds. Make sure
your fuel system isn't restrictive anywhere but at the float needle. I've
had problems with fuel regulators that didn't flow well enough and fuel
filters that slowed the fill rate of the bowl. You might also look at the
size of your needle seat. At WFO the float bowl fills in spurts, while at
idle it fills at a trickle. Lower pressure/bigger seat might work better, or
vice versa.