fot

Re: TR Drag Race times

To: BFEKENG@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR Drag Race times
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:17:09 -0500
Ken Gillander wrote:

>  I would think a good vintage racer would be a low 13.00
>second machine & about 100 mph.

I think Ken is telling me that I am not sending him enough money!  :)

I like drag racing my TR6, and completely stock (80K miles and electric fan)
I was pulling low 16s at Carlsbad.  My current (streetable) rebuild matches
gearing and rev limits for the 400 meters and I compute that the best I'll
do is 13.5.  I'm not an animal with the clutch and 'box, so an experienced,
insensitive and wealthier racer would likley do 0.4 better, which is right
in line with Ken's estimate for a prepped 4-cylinder TR.

And before someone asks "why drag race a TR6?", its because I like all forms
of autosport.  I may never be truely competitive in any of the disparate
events I enter, but I sure do have a lot of fun.  FWIW, my favorite is
hillclimbing, which is really just drag racing through the twisties!

Cheers,

Shane Ingate, winning no races by reading the digest, in Maryland