fot

Ken G's Drag Racing TR2

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Ken G's Drag Racing TR2
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:33:37 -0500
Everyone:

The recent thread about drag racing TRs made me remember an article in the
Triumph Register of America National Newsletter. It took me a while to dig
it up so I'm a little behind on the thread.

It's in the July 1984 issue. It's a story of Ken Gillanders' drag racing
TR2. It's about Ken beating everyone, the sanctioning body changing the
rules to put him against faster cars, Ken making the 2 faster, the
sanctioning body changing the rules to put him against faster cars, etc.
etc. You have to admire Ken's talent and persistance.

There is a series of three photographs that shows Ken racing a Camaro. The
series starts with the Camaro's handicap headstart. Ken catches the Camaro
in the next photo, then overtakes it in the third photo. Way Cool.

John Herrera