fot

Re: Roll bars in TR6s

To: elliott@videotron.ca
Subject: Re: Roll bars in TR6s
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 12:49:54 -0500
Don Elliot wrote:

>At Mid-Ohio in 2002, did you notice that Jon Wood of England who was
>driving
>Keith Files red TR6 had removed the hardtop from the TR6 for all the
>practices and the races.  Therefore the roll bar was fitted inside the hard
>top.

It may be because Jon Wood is a pretty big guy, and would not fit into
a TR with his helmet on!

Most of the pics we see of racing TR6s in the Land of BRG is in club racing
classes; I do not know if there are any TR6s racing in nationally sanctioned
classes.

Thanks to all who responded to my query!  In summary:
1) A main hoop fitted to a factory TR6 hardtop would retrofit with a Surrey
top only by (slim) chance.
2) No one has a "spare" Surrey top around for sale.

Cheers,

Shane Ingate, chipping a 2" layer of ice from the driveway, in Maryland