fot

RE: yoko's 205/60/15

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: yoko's 205/60/15
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:21:05 -0800
I think Mordy is trying to pass on Troy Simmons' report on the current
status of having some 15" Yokohama A008 tires brought into the USA.  It
reads :

Unfortunately, Yokohama is reluctant to bring in any Non-DOT tire that can
be potentially used on the street. Until we can make the case to have
Yokohama have those sizes requested DOT certified; we will not be able to
bring these tires in. Due to the time required to achieve certification,
2004 looks to be out of the question. We will keep pursuing this to see what
can be done for 2005 and beyond. Thank you for your interest. We have not
given up on this pursuit.

Sincerely

Troy Simmons
Director of Marketing and Sales.
<<<

Doesn't sound like good news to me.  Certification is fairly expensive, and
I suspect we haven't proven enough interest to convince Yokohama that it
would be profitable.  I certainly hope I'm wrong ...

Randall