fot

Project gridlock....Was: Re: Chuck it!

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Project gridlock....Was: Re: Chuck it!
From: "Keptin Komrade Dr. BobWrench III esq." <bownes@web9.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:23:52 -0500
Bill Babcock wrote:

> You guys are causing me serious pain with this discussion--I'm in denial
> because I have to clean out my shop. Some of you have seen it and so you
> know what I'm facing. A 1500 square foot shop sounds great until it's time
> to reorganize it.

Yeah, I'm faced with that at the moment. And there is a foot of snow
outside my garage. And no place with solid footing to put ~6000lbs of
machine tools, never mind the cars and parts...But it all has to get put
  in order or I'll never get the engine out of the formula car to send
it to get rebuilt. Or strip the spare GT6 and get a roll cage in it. Or
get the new floor that has been sitting on the shelf for 6 years welded
into the street GT6. Or get the street GT6 back on the street. Or get
the fresh engine into the TR6. Or finish building the triumph based
formula car. Or fix the spare compressor. Or insulate/sheetrock the
place. Or...Or...

Sigh. Project gridlock.

> We've finally fixed the leaking deck over the top of it, so I need to have
> the damaged sheetrock replaced and probably new windows (a shop with a
> beautiful view--what a concept). In the process I'm also going to refinish
> the floor--probably use some of the new shop tiles in a checkerboard
> pattern. That means almost everything in the shop has to go somewhere else
> for a couple of weeks--most likely into a big tent I'm planning on putting
> in my driveway, or into a dumpster.

I like the tent idea. That would solve my what to do with *.* when I
sheetrock and insulate the garage. Next garage has that before I move
in. AND radiant heat in the floor. And running water. And outlets every
6 feet. And a lift. And lots of light. And wireless ethernet. And three
phase. And air lines on the walls. And...And...oops. Same problem....

> I'm going to memorize TeriAnn's list, but not print it. It's too dangerous a
> document.

I always tell my employees: "If it isn't written down, it didn't happen."
:-)

iii