fot

RE: bon ami

To: "'fot'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: bon ami
From: "Jim Gambony" <britbits@tiu.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:55:08 -0600
Would I want to use non-detergent oil too?

I'm not sure I'd want to spray a cloud of ANYTHING abrasive near the carbs
with the engine running.  That's why aircleaners were invented.

As to the assembly process, I don't really imagine it matters what's in the
ring seating material, as long as it's all washed from the block before
final assembly.

For those who want to avoid the soap saga, you can buy diatomaceous earth,
it's sold as an insecticide.  The problem is that there are both calcium and
silicon based diatoms.  Ya takes your chances.

Cheers,

Jim