fot

Aluminum hubs

To: John Price <jprice1@txcyber.com>, Susan Kahler
Subject: Aluminum hubs
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:45:30 -0800
I mounted the aluminum hubs from the most recent group buy (Southwick?) this
weekend and found that the radius of the outer flange grinds against my
caliper. It's an easy fix, but something to watch for. My calipers are old
F1 units (very light aluminum that look like the old girlings--yes, I had to
ditch my beloved Wilwood Ultralights). Now I need to decide if I remachine
the flange to put a bevel on it instead of the lovely radius, or file a
little flat in my caliper (too pretty, I don't think so) or just put a thick
washer between the caliper ears and the mounting boss. I'm leaning towards
the latter.