fot

Re: Torque plate

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque plate
From: "John Wilkins" <john@race-dogs.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:01:25 -0800
Steve,
The torque plate I use is 2" thick and drilled with all the correct head
studs in place. I use spacers to take up the rest of the studs when the unit
is torque down to spec. On my Spit engine the bore was only slightly
disturbed with the plate on, but the main thing is it was and now it is
perfectly round with the final honing. I know you mentioned you were making
it yourself but I do know Gaskets Works sells them as well.
good luck,

John Wilkins
"66 Triumph Spitfire #892