fot

RE: re-torqing cylinder heads hot??? and engine run in

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: re-torqing cylinder heads hot??? and engine run in
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:05:23 -0800 (PST)
FOT,

    Thanks for all the great responses! My gasket is the composition style, so
I will leave everything just as I have retorqued it. I had the car out and
running today after replacing the end rocker pedistols (I went to the later
notched pedistols rather than the early ones that i had ground on to
temporaroly clear the head studs). The car was running absoultely great, I will
post some G-tech results after I have some 'run in' time on the engine.
    Speaking of run in., not to open a new can of worms, but does anyone have
any techniques for breaking in a new engine that will be used for
street/competition? I have read some info that says that you should open the
throttle while the engine is still fairly new to help the rings seat while the
hone is fresh. At any rate, how long should I wait until I rev the engine to
Max RPM? The engine is completely fresh with a balacned assembly.

Thanks again everyone,
Ryan