fot

TR IRS Thoughts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR IRS Thoughts
From: LOddTR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:04:59 EST
Winter has caused me to ponder numerous "what if's" on the rear end set up of
my TR 250. We all know the issues with toe-in gains and the resultant need
for a firm spring and shock set-up. Being a novice in suspension geometry, I
was
wondering why Triumph, and other manufacturers didn't use a modified front
suspension.

The unequal length A arm design certainly would eliminate the toe gain and
provide a stable platform for adjustment. A vertical link similar for that in a
Spit or GT 6 would be needed of course, and some redesign of the rear frame
section and parcel shelf. Is there a design issue that prohibited this? Did the
need for on road safety mandate the toe-in gain? Did any modified racers avery
create something like this? Or, and probably likely, am I all wet?

I can't make these types of changes on my car and remain legal but the
thought does interest me.

Leo Oddi
TR 250 #68, SVRA, VDCA