fot

Re: Virii - Computer Guy Help

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Virii - Computer Guy Help
From: "John Wilkins" <john@race-dogs.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:52:46 -0800
Remember your virus protection, know matter who you use is only part of your
security solution for your computers. Get a firewall as well and make sure
you have your Virus protection is set to automatically update "EVERYDAY".
NAV set on automatic updates checks every 4 hours by default. Most
definitions and dat updates are coming out on a daily basis if not a couple
times a day. Those who use Outlook any version, "turn off"  your preview
panes, yes that does open the email and if it is a virus your antivirus
software is sometimes not fast enough to catch it.  Also be sure to run all
the MS critical updates, as those updates are the fixes to prevent exploits
that MS has in their software that a lot of these virus' are attacking and
using. Worm virus' don't come in through email all the time, they are just
present on the internet now and any open connection can be compromised. If
you don't know how email me and I'll instruct you on how to get them under
control. Safer computing will avoid all this reformatting and frustration,
giving you more time to work on our cars.
A frustrated Computer tech this week,

See you all attending Vegas next week,

John Wilkins
"66 Triumph Spitfire #892